Monday, August 29, 2011

Surgery Day

I had my minimal incision hammertoe correction and toe shortening done by Dr. Gregory Jay Teles, of Torrance, CA. Because it was minimal incision, it was done in an outpatient setting ( in the Dr.'s office) under local anesthesia. I was in and out in 2 hours. The nurses were very nice. The Dr. is also very nice over all. I suffer from anxiety disorder which was the worst part of the whole experience. I ended up taking a xanax before the procedure. He numbed me up pretty good. The actual numbing should have been the worst of the pain, that I should have felt, but......I actually had surgery with him 2.5wks prior! Yes! I had metatarsal correction. Two bones in the ball of my foot, in each foot, were broken by the Dr. So I still had a bit of pain and soreness from that surgery. If it weren't for that, I think the surgery wouldn't have been so uncomfortable. I had both feet done per surgery which, again, was performed 2.5wks apart. Yes, I'm a tough one and I wanted to get it all over with. But, if you could avoid having so many things done at once, I would recommend that!

After the surgery, like the first, I was able to walk out of the office. But, I did require crutches since I'd done both feet at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment