Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 61 - 2 Months!

So, two days ago I was really starting to freak out!!! I felt like I was not progressing was as quickly as a lot of other people! I finally decided to call the Dr.'s office and schedule an appt. A.S.A.P. so I could voice my concerns to my podiatrist. When I made it to the Dr.'s earlier today, I explained to the nurse and Dr. why I was so worried. I had broken into tears, I was so distraught!! I told her that I have wanted this surgery since high school and have had the hammertoe problem since I was a child. I was concerned that my scars were starting to look like they were beginning to keloid.  Both she and the Dr. assured me that my' feet look great for being 2 months along' and that within another month, my feet will start to look more like how I want them to look. The Dr., again, reassured me that if for any reason I don't like the results, he would go back in and fix it free of charge. So here I am, playing the waiting game, again! 

When I go to my monthly follow up appts., my physical therapy includes: hydrotherapy and heat ultrasound which helps to promote heat and circulation to my feet. The nurse suggested that maybe I should come once a week instead of once a month. And to help speed the healing process, on my own, in between visits, I bought one of those foot spas from "Bed Bath and Beyond". The plan is to soak my feet everyday with Epsom salt. This is supposed to make my skin soft and the corns should be easier to fall off. The jets in the spa are supposed to help promote circulation which should bring down the swelling in my toes which will also help with healing and the appearance of scars.....we'll see what happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment