Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 16 - Straighter Tootsies!

Today has been a little difficult for me. This morning, for the first time in 1 month, I was able to wash my feet. I decided to still use the plastic boot to bathe with, since I'm afraid to submerge my feet in water for an extended period of time. So after I showered, I used a basin to wash my feet in separately. I scrubbed my feet a bit, with a rag, but I only dribbled water over my toes. I was so afraid to touch or move them too much since the incisions are not all the way closed! My toes also seem to just flop around. I'm not able to move them much at all. Both my baby toes feel very numb, and have a tingly feeling in both of them. Walking around feels very weird. It just seems like as soon as I make progress as far as healing, and feel less pain, it hits me again! All day today I've had pain in my toes and the numb/tingly feeling. I'm right back to staying off my feet as much as I can and asking people in my household to bring me things. This is very frustrating! I feel as if I'll never feel better!

With all that having been said, I must say that aside from being afraid my toes will fall off when I change the bandages, the right foot is starting to look pretty good! I can already see the "bend" in my toes disappearing. My toes DO look straighter!  


No comments:

Post a Comment