Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 17 - Feeling Uncomfortable!

I've never been pregnant, but now I know what pregnant woman say when they complain about constantly feeling uncomfortable!

Every now-and-again, my feet fall asleep. Now, normally I would stomp them on the floor to wake them up, but obviously I can't do that now! Today is the second day of changing my dressings. I had so much anxiety just anticipating the whole thing!! Yesterday, it was such a horrible experience! Anyway, I must say that it turned out not being as scary today. I can already tell that the incisions have closed a little more within the past 24 hrs! That's great, right? I apply a generic (neosporin) antibiotic cream to the incisions with a Q-tip before I wrap them. Even though I only applied it once, so far, I know it makes a difference. Once the incisions close completely, I'll start to apply Mederma (to fade incision scars) before I wrap my toes.

I also noticed, today, that my feet don't hold on to heat anymore! I have these thick socks on, but my feet just can't get warm. It's difficult to cover my feet in blankets because my toes can't hold up any weight. I finally took my socks of and held my feet in my hands, one at a time. That finally got them warmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment