Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 4 - My First Bath

I went to my podiatrist today to have my bandages changed. It took about 15mins. for me to get from my bed to the car. It was such a task! I was sure to take my Vicodin a few minutes before I started my journey, and as soon as I got into the car, I iced and elevated. The Dr. cleaned the incision sites with Betadine and changed the dressing. I was able to move around a bit better after that dressing change. My toes felt a lot more free. The Dr. said that because of the tight bandaging the first time around, and because of unavoidable dried blood at the surgical site, there is very little room for the toes to expand when they DO swell. My Dr. didn't want me to see my toes yet, because it's usually a pretty scary sight at this point. But, he did say that my feet couldn't look any better than they do! He said it was obvious that I stayed off of it and iced it like I was supposed to.

 I'm now able to bathe in the tub while wearing this plastic bag contraption thingy they gave me, lol! Goodbye bed baths and hello tub baths!!! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment